The United Methodist Home for Children (UMHC), a Board of Child Care program, serves some of the most vulnerable populations in Central Pennsylvania. The Board of Child Care (BCC) provides behavioral health services throughout the Mid Atlantic to children, youth, and families across a continuum of care, including residential, education, and treatment foster care. As an essential health care service provider, our staff are working around the clock!
We are grateful for our intimate connection with faith-based communities (especially the United Methodist Church), who continue to provide extraordinary support to our youth and their families. While staff attend to the needs of our youth, we are concerned about their well-being as they offer compassionate, trauma-informed care to our kids during this time of crisis. Most importantly, we need your prayers. In keeping with our tradition, we are reaching out to faith-based communities to assist us with the following items and emotional support as we care for one another at BCC.
How You Can Help:
- Dedicated prayer times specifically for BCC youth and staff
- N95 masks
- Surgical masks
- Hospital gowns and other personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Monetary donations to provide disinfectant and hand sanitizer
- Monetary donations to purchase Gift Cards for food (to provide meals for caregivers and families who are low-incomed)
- Monetary donations to provide bus passes, a taxicab or other transportation
All in-kind donations must be in original packaging.
Monetary gifts can be made on our website. Please click HERE. Please use the comment section of the donate form to designate donation to a local BCC program or campus. In our efforts to respond to emergency needs, BCC reserves the right to re-designate your monetary gift to where it is needed the most.
Due to CDC social distancing guidelines, online gifts are highly encouraged. Other items can be donated via the Amazon Wish List website by clicking HERE.
- Board games
- Playing cards
- DVD movies (G or PG-13, no cartoons please)
- Monetary donations for games
- Monetary contributions for basic family necessities (many of our youth come from low-income families).
Thank you in advance for your help!